My 2 year check up

IdaMae D.
on 11/2/11 10:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
Had my two year check up today.  My actual two years was September 10th.  All the surgeons @Jeanes Bariatric  Practice have fled across the river to Cooper Hospital to build the bariatric program over there.

As for my check up.  As I knew I've gained weight;  8 pounds to be exact ( I actually thought it was more, have avoided the scale for months now) since my last visit.  Not bad overall, I know I'll get it off.  I knew this was going to happen when I decided to go back for my MBA, being chained to a computer, not only 8 hrs a day at work but at night and on weekends as well.  And with all the stress in my life at the moment because of that scumbag dick(*^)&^(%( that abandoned the construction on our house, it's a wonder it's not 40 or 50 pounds.  So life is good.

Doc drew blood so will await the results of that.  I've been pretty tired lately, he wants to make sure it's the MBA and renovations and not any low values in my blood work.

Now for the positive of all my docs moving to NJ.  My baby girl who has to see a cardiologist, we've found an insurance plan for her.  350.00 a month not bad considering her hubby's plan through work wanted 250.00 a week just for her.  I reviewed the benefits of all the plans offered by Horizon and discussed the various plans with them and advised her of the exact plan she needed to get.

Tomorrow she sees the cardiologist, and is also thinking of exploring gastric bypass surgery.  So all my surgeons are in NJ @ Cooper hospital so if she is a candidate, who better to operate on her than the surgeons who brought me safely through surgery and saved my life. 

IdaMae

bvohl
on 11/2/11 11:34 am
Ida,

SO proud of you!! Why did I think that you were further out? I was two years in June...

Anyway, don't mind me I am tired and really should go to bed but I wanted to post about your checkup!

AWESOME!!!

Love and hugs,

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 11/4/11 7:41 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thank you Beth...

I've been on this board since Gene had his surgery on 2006.  Shauna, Tom Tyler, and Dennis were the first to talk to me when I was trying to figure out what Gene was going through.

I am an oldie when it come to the board, but still a newbie trying to figure everything out in my two young years!!!

Ida

IdaMae

Nicole0216
on 11/2/11 10:29 pm - Lancaster, PA
Good news Ida

Beth Ida seems like a veteran because she has been on here for years reporting about Gene's progress as well. LOL 
IdaMae D.
on 11/4/11 7:42 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Nicole!

Yup I'm an oldie and a newbie all at the same time.....LOL

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 11/2/11 10:39 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Ida and PA,
Ida, I hope your daughter is able to move forward with her thoughts about gastric bypass surgery.  I will be praying for her.

Today, I am waiting to call my PCP, so I can go in for an appointment.  My right ear is killing me, and I spent last night with a low grade fever, and nausea too,  Thing is, I have been on an antibiotic for 9 days,

Later I am heading to my AA meeting.  I also need to get x-rays of my right foot for follow-up with my podiatrist from my surgery.

I keep plugging away at the bedspread, . It's going to be big,  As soon as I finish that, I will be starting on some infant gowns,  You know, the ones with the ties at the bottom. I got the pattern and the fabric on sale.  In fact, the fabric was half-price.

I hope everyone has a superbly blessed day.,

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 11/4/11 7:43 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Trish. 

I told her that we have to sit down and figure everything out that the doc will want documented.

She's pretty serious about having WLS, so I'll do everything I can to guide and support her in this decision.

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 11/2/11 11:18 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Ida,

Glad to read your post and happy that you have found a "right size" insurance plan for your daughter so that she can get on the healthy track and you can maybe breathe a sigh of relief sometime soon.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 11/4/11 7:45 am - Philadelphia, PA
thank you Laureen;

The cardiologist ordered all the right tests yesterday, and she will have quite a busy month now getting them all completed.

In addiition to a Holter Monitor, Echo Cardiogram, Stress Test, he also wants her to have a sleep study.  She's not really wanting the sleep study, I told her that is going to be very important if she is serious about looking into WLS, the more testing she has done now the less she'll have to go through later....

IdaMae

dit657
on 11/3/11 9:28 am - Boothwyn, PA
Ida all things considered 8 lbs is not a big deal and once life calms down you'll be able to concentrate on you again. Hope the bloodwork comes back good and best of luck to your daughter in her pursuit of WLS.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views